Problems with my brand new radeon x800 pro (no boot again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iredge

Ok this time I am really blowing a fuse. Take a look at the letter I sent to the sales service of the company that sold me the card:

Hello,

My name is RXXX LXXX. I purchased a graphic card from you about 2 months ago, and for no apparent reason this one stopped working.The computer just won't boot with it but it does with my old card. The card didn't come up in its original retail package and therefore I have no guaranty for it. It was a radeon x800 pro 256mb.
Is there any chance that I could send it back to you and get the guaranty working? I also checked the card and it didn't smell of burning or nothing seems to be fried on it. I also experienced quiet a few problems with it ever since I installed it crashes, blue screens, weird behaviors from my computer etc...
I am terribly upset because it already took me a month to finally get the card. There had been a mix up and the delivery company left it lying in their warehouse all that time.
Therefore the card had only been installed on my computer and running for less than a month.
Please do something.

Kind regards
RXXX LXXX

Does anyone have a clue about what could have happened? It all happened after I tried to run a demo of Titan quest. The computer crashed a couple of times and after the third time Nothing would come up at all on the monitor. I then put my old card back and it works.

it sounds like you have a defective card. the fact it did not come in the retail package does not bode well. it is probably not a new card but a refurbished one. or worse yet one that someone allready had a problem with a returned it, and they sold it to you without even fixing it.

Thanks for the reply

I contacted the customer support service and apparently they are ok to change the card. I have been told to send the same e-mail to another adress and I shouldn't get any problem replacing it.
Did anybody ever encounter this type of problem with the same card?
I think I have seem quiet a few threads from people experiencing problems with this card. Is it cursed or something?

I have been running an X800pro in one of my machines for almost a year with no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back