Problems With My Computer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, im new here :)

Well i bought a new stick of ddr ram (512) and when i installed it i thought i would clean out my fan (dust). So after doing so, my computer wont turn on! No signal to my monitor, it stays idle. I took out my old ram and put in my old 256, and still wont work!

I re-checked the fan and made sure everything is connected correctly, and everything back how it was. So first thing i thought i burned out my graphics card (gforce 2) its old and i was going to get a new one within a month or so, so i purchaseda new card ( radeon xt 9600).

So i got the card today, and i installed it, and it still wont turn on! The computer does not even beep. The fans turn on, and the lights turn on, my cd-rw turns on, and hard drive, but it sounds as if it keeps restarting every 5 seconds.

Im not sure if i fried my motherboard or my cpu? Is there a way to find out? Thanks and i hope you can help me out!

specs:

amd xp 1900
ecs motherboard
180 gb HD
720 ram
radeon 9600 xt
52x48x52 cd-rw
16x dvd-rom
soundblaster 5.1

Ah, my friend had this problem; turned out his motherboard was touching the case. MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT COME IN CONTACT WITH THE CASE.

:)

I would take out ram and make sure slots are clean....sounds like motherboard not reading ram at start up.....thats my guess......see if Diduo, or Stormbringer will post they will know....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back