Problems with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put my old harddrive in my new computer and then decided i wanted to put it back in my old one and now this screen pops up that says i didnt shut down windows right. and when i waite for it to count down it just sits there. when i do any of the choices it gives me it just sits there. i put it back in my new computer to see of it was the harddrive and it works fine. is there anything i can do to fix this?

Is this your only hard drive for both computers? In other words, is this the hard drive that has windows installed on it?

If so, you can't just switch it back and forth between computers. Your installation of windows has all the drivers for your hardware loaded into it. When you try and load windows from a DIFFERENT computer, it will try to load the drivers for your other computer and fail. The hardware does not match up.

If you want that hard drive to work in your new computer, you'll need to re-install windows. You can try and run a windows "repair" and that should install the correct drivers for you, but it is usually a good idea to do a complete reinstall regardless.

Good luck, and welcome to techspot!

the hard drive was from the computer that it freezes on but when i put it in my new computer it works fine. then when i wanted to put it back in the old computer that it came from it just stays on this screen

Well, this is getting confusing now ;)

You need to decide what computer you want that hard drive to work in first, and stop switching it between computers.

You have it back now in the original computer right? And you are unable to boot up? If you want to KEEP it in that computer, I'd probably do a windows repair and see if that doesn't fix your problem.

blah i didnt want to have to go threw all that again. but yeah im keeping that one on the original computer. Ill post back and tell you if it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back