Problems with new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnewb

Hello.

Ive just finished buildin my new computer and im having a few slight problems.

Specs :

Gigabyte Triton K8NS PRO (754)
Sempron64 2800+
Gecube X800 GTO
1GB DDR 400.
160 maxtor SATA drive
COLORSit 550w psu

After assembling everything and uploading windows xp onto the sata drive, everything is working normal. Now my problems are that only 1/4 of my ram is being detected within windows and the motherboard will not save the bios once i have changed some settings. I save the settings and the computer restarts but it then doesnt come back on, just the monitor light flashes and then i have to hit the restart buttom. Once i re enter the bios all the options i changed have defaulted back to their original settings.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sean.

A quick update:

Just flashed the newest bios for my board and the bios problem has gone, the computer restarts normally now. However the ram problem is still there, but now windows sees 512mb of ram instead of the 256mb beforehand. On the motherboard itself the ram led just above the dimm slot is shinning which may indicate a problem with the ram i am using.

Any help is appreciated

Regards
Sean.

Well... ok lets go to the basics...

- Have you checked the small battery that the MoBo has?... it "might" be dead cause
your telling that your bios doesnt save the changes you made.
- Ive just reviewed you MoBo Model and it seems to have "DualBIOSTM" which is two
Bios... make sure that you have changed the right one.
- About the RAm... make sure that your Ram Modules are FULL Compatible with your
MoBo model cause it might have problems if it isnt compatible and thats why your
only getting 1/4 of your memory recognize.

ABout the Ram... make sure also that you have setuped the right type of values your ram needs... such as CAS Latency, BUS, Voltage and so on...

The ram i am using is an unbranded module i took from my old socket A computer to put into this one so there is a chance this ram isnt compatible with a different board. All the ram values are stock so i doubt that is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back