Problems with new power supply???

Status
Not open for further replies.

damienb

Hi all,

Just got this new power supply for the PC I'm building. The case and PSU have been the first things to arrive so I dotn have anything else yet. I bought the PSU (X-Power 700W) from eBay, the seller had a few of them and said they were all tested and fully working. I fitted the PSU into the case and tried to test it by connecting the two case fans and case LED lights to it. I switched it on and got nothing. Not even the fan on the PSU fired up. Does this straight away mean the PSU is faulty or could I be doing something wrong???

Damien

It wont

For the PSU to be activated just flipping the switch on the back will not do it. 2 pins on the big 20/24 pin molex have to be jumped. You can do this manually but i dont suggest it cause you can burn out your power supply if you jump the wrong pins. But if you must, google it and you can find a guide somplace im sure that shows you the right wires to jump. I know wich ones to jump but I am not going to tell you and be responsible for you ruining your PSU.

These pins are jumped when you connect the 20/24 pins to the motherboard and then the switch comes into place when you hook the front panal connectors of your case to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back