Problems with NEW seagate hd

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambryan

so i recently replaced my old harddrive with a 400 gb seagate hd because the old one broke down on me. but now i think my NEW hd is having problems too. it occasionally makes clicking noises, lags and/or freezes. what in the world is wrong?

iambryan said:
so i recently replaced my old harddrive with a 400 gb seagate hd because the old one broke down on me. but now i think my NEW hd is having problems too. it occasionally makes clicking noises, lags and/or freezes. what in the world is wrong?

It's possible that your cases power supply isn't strong enough to properly power the Seagate 400GB drive. Those large capacity drives need a lot of power to run

Power problem is not likely. Hard drives can get buggered up in shipment, rendering them defective. Seagate is very good about replacement. The clicks are indicative of excessive impact.
I second the suggestion to use the Sea Tools... the software on the Seagate site can diagnose the reasons for most hard drive failure and performance issues. Once you have that info, dealing with Seagate is easy and relatively quick.
However, Seagate can also tell if the drive experienced excessive impact from the side while running. That sort of damage is not covered under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back