Problems with Nvidia Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOAD

I used to use Nvidia Control Panel to force AA etc on GTA:SA to make it look as pretty and smooth as possible.

However, recently it has reverted back to the games default settings (looks horrible again) and changing it in Nvdia Control Panel has no affect whatsoever.

I have tried so far:

Adding the pathway .exe to nvidia control panel and changing those settings

Changed the settings from the program list "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" in Nvidia control panel

Downloaded the recent version of nvidia drivers and control panel

What I am wondering is why the settings just changed themselves and how to fix the problem?

SOAD said:
I have tried so far:

Changed the settings from the program list "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" in Nvidia control panel

What I am wondering is why the settings just changed themselves and how to fix the problem?

I am sorry, but did you know you said a few things twice/three times??

Have you tried rolling back, to an earlier model driver?

oh yeah, i tried to use the bullet point "list" code but it just ****ed it all up, whoops :blush:

anyway, i havent tried rolling back as it happened without an update, i had changed nothing but it just stopped forcing the settings. I just tried updating to fix the problem, but it persisted.

There are multiple tick boxes that say to revert and use games settings. Search around the control panel and make sure there isn't one ticked.

good idea but all appears to be in order. im really stumped by this.

Also the word it censored is really not a swear so i dont understand it, nevermind

Hmm, I don't know either SOAD, maybe someone smarter will come and help...

BTW, it wouldn't happen to be messed would it?

You could try System Restore and see if that will bring things back the way they were. If it doesn't, you can always undo the restore if you want.

Hmmm....Try completely uninstalling every one of the nVidia programs/drivers and reinstalling?

Did you just update or did you actually completely wipe the drivers off?

yes iv tried that

just tried reinstalling the drivers ensuring they are unistalled, used driver cleaner as well as downloading a fresh copy of the latest drivers.

The control panel works fine with other programs and changes gta if i just change the overall settings to have an emphasis on quality, but will not change just for gta which it used to do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back