Problems with Realtek ALC850 in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

My soundblaster 5.1 isn't supported for vista by creative, so I can't get drivers for it. So, I am using my integrated Realtek ALC850 that's in my A8N SLI-SE. I got it working and the sound quality is fine, although noticeably worse than than the Live 5.1. The only problem is only the left and right speakers of my 5.1 surround speakers get sound. I used the configuration utility to set it to use the mic and line in ports for center and sub, and rear speakers, but it still only powers the front left and front right. I can get the others to work by using matrix mode on the speakers, but the quality isn't all that great. Anyone know what I should do?

How about buying a new Creative sound card that is supported in Vista. I'm sure you can get a Creative card for under $50 that will run under Vista

Ok, but I owe a total of $60 to 2 people, and it takes me 6 weeks to get that much from my allowance. And by that point it will be my birthday where I will get $500, $496 of which is going into buying a Core 2 E4300, 2GB OCZ DDR2-667, and a P5B. So it's going to be like 3 months before I can buy one. Any other suggestions? Like might there be something like omega drivers that are custom made by a 3rd party to work with it? I googled, but didn't see any... just figured maybe someone knew.

I've got a birthday coming up a week from today... June 3. I don't get an allowance. If I have money, my wife always get's it ;) I hope my new Audigy SE ($28 from Newegg) will support Vista

I hope the prices of the things I'm upgrading to go down in the next 1.5 months so I can throw in a cheap crappy soundcard. The other thing I forgot to mention is that I'm a frequent user of Teamspeak, and when I plug my speakers into the integrated sound jacks, they take up all 3 of them, leaving no room for the mic... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back