Problems with sapphire X700

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm encountering really big troubles with my new sapphire x700 256MB agp. As soon as i install the catalyst-drivers, the system crashes after reboot when changing from the win2000 logo to the login-screen. Sometimes it makes it for about two seconds in this display mode but with really bad graphical errors until the system hangs up (display black - i have to turn off the computer).
I solved the problem temporary by installing the latest omega-drivers, but i think performance is really bad..
Is my card defect?! Or may it be a driver problem?

My System:
Mainboard: ASUS K8V-X
CPU: AMD 64 3000+
Memory: Corsair Select Kit 512 MB x 2 (= 1024 MB)
Power Supply: 400 W
Sapphire X700 256 MB AGP

more likely is an insufficient power supply. what is it's manufacturer? you might be able to get by on a really good 400w supply, but i'd reccomend a high powered name brand model for your rig (such as the antec truepower II 480w for instance)

it's a mercury power-supply.. hmm.. i can't really believe it's a problem belonging to the power-supply, cuz the card seems to work now with these omega-drivers.. i'm having absolutely no problems running it now (no crashes etc).. but i'm really thinking the driver isn't working properly, because the card's perfomance is no way that good as in benchmarks i found in the net..
i can't explain why it's working with those omega drivers.. i didn't get it run neither with the original catalyst nor with the ngo-drivers (isn't omega based on catalyst drivers too?!).. the only problems i had with the omega were at the first start-up as there were really bad graphical errors too. But second boot and they were gone..

Please help!!
thx

just make sure you have the latest driver appropriate for your card. and the psu could easily be causing this, so don't rule that out. you should try getting voltage readings from your mobo, either thru the bios or using the asus software for windows.

I went to the my vendor to ask him details about my psu and he said, he had plugged it to much higher consuming systems than mine without any problems...
In the mean time I've found out, that when i turn off "agp fast write" in bios, my system boots without any probs.. so what can be the reason for this one?! is this a mainboard-problem? or is it the bios?

greetz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back