Problems with SONY CD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Im having problems getting my Sony CRX215E CD-RW to work. Im running windows 98. My computer is recognizing the drive.
When I install Nero Express it tries to locate a cd recorder but just locks up. I have also tried Easy CD creator and this says that there are no CD Recorders available. To test that it is setup on my computer correctly I tried Nero Info tool and this finds the drive and gives all the correct detail. My motherboard has not got onboard sound and I do not have a seperate sound card so the cable to connect the drive to a sound card is not in use, but I dont think this would have any effect. Has anybody got any ideas as to what the problem could be? Please, please, please as this is doing my head in.

Cheers

Louis

Did the burner come with any software ? Sometimes burners come with custom versions of burning software such as Nero & it's advisable to use that version.

As far as getting Easy CD to recognise the burner, it might simply need an update -> Roxio Software Updates

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Update

Definitely run the update - although Roxio's site leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back