Problems with the new BIOS for nf7-s 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could use some support.

I just flashed my BIOS to the newest driver avalible. The gfx nor the cpu works with the new bios system.
BIOS says the cpu is on 1,1 Ghz but it is 2,2 Ghz.
My gfx card doesnt work eighter. The mousepinter moves 2 frames per secound :S.

What seems to be the problem ?.

P.S

I have tryed to flash back to the old BIOS but I cant do it. The flashprogram doesnt allow me to flash back. (flashing in windows)
Not even in DOS !
When I try to flash BIOS it says "Not an award file", but it is a awardfile. "nf7d24" is the BIN file I try to update with.

Thanks on advance.

It has been said time & time again. Do not flash a BIOS unless absolutely necessary.
nonono.gif

Was the flash necessary in order to resolve a problem you were having ?

After flashing a BIOS, it is always recommended to load the default values for the different settings. That most likely means your FSB setting has been reset to 100mhz. Enter the BIOS during the POST sequence, set the FSB to 200, save the settings & then exit.

What makes you believe the VGA card isn't working ? If it wasn't working, you wouldn't be able to use the system at all. The mouse cursor being laggy can be the result of a process hogging the CPU cycles. Can you launch the Task Manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) & see if such is the case ?

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

I am using "nf7d24" and it works fine. Have you gone into the bios and put your settings back to normal after flashing? You can also try resetting the CMOS first. If all that fails, then it looks like you have had a bad flash and may need to try flashing from a dos floppy.

Didou. thank you for the help and the welcoming. It might solve some of my problems.

I did have some problems with my bios, more or less. I wasnt satisfied and the intergated sound that nvidia has, sux. (sry for bad language).

Nic. I reseted CMOS and put my settings to normal.

I think I had a bad flash, as you said Nic.
This is going to be a loooong night for me :D
Over and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back