Problems with the site?

DonNagual

Over the past 24 hours, I have been having MAJOR problems posting, searching, browsing the forums. Connection timing out all the time (and only on techspot, not other sites).

Just an FYI, as I assume I can't be the only one. :(

I haven't noticed any problems. But last time I was here was probably 24 hours ago or slightly more.

No problems on my end either. I've been in and out last night and today without indication of something wrong.

Still having major problems. I thought maybe it has to do with the fact that I am overseas, but other US based sites are loading in just fine (newegg, THGforums etc).

I can move from forum to forum within this site, but going into a post, or doing any type of search causes me to get a timeout error. As it is, this site is barely usable for me. I have to submit any post I make 3 or 4 times before I can post.

Yet... I am the only one. Strange.

EDIT:

Same problem at the office (on a different ISP and network config). Having to submit posts at least 3 times to get them to post. Getting timeout errors all over the place.

Yes, completely different computer.

I am having an easier time here at the office. At least it seems to only act up once and a while (currently having no problems at all). This morning I was unable to post with this machine though.

I'll see if I still have problems when I get home tonight. Thanks for the response by the way.

try using the IP address instead of the name-url
Name: techspot.com
Address: 70.85.4.244

accessing http://70.85.4.244/ is a demand for access without DNS resolution.
if this works, then there's a DNS lookup problem, otherwise there's a routing,
reliability issue.

Thanks again everyone. Last night and this morning, everything seems to have fixed itself. I am zippin' around no problem.

Cheers!

poertner_1274 said:
Must've been an ISP hiccup then. Glad to hear all is better now though.

Can that happen to only one site? There must be something unique about techspot that my ISP didn't like for a few days. It was pretty bad, and only this site.

Anyways, main thing is, I am back in action. Cheers! :wave:

As a follow up to this, though I'm sure this is not exactly a same kind of situation, I've had problems with uploading photos to the gallery. No problems however with posting :) - apparently :)

Back