Problems with TV out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNagual

I have a Sapphire 9800 pro.

When I hook up the s-video cable to the TV and boot up my computer, I see the picture on my TV no problem, and it logs into windows. But, the size is off. It does that thing where if I move the mouse to the right, the screen scrolls to the right, mouse over to the left, screen scrolls over to the left.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have messed with every setting I can find.

Hasn't anyone ever had this problem? I looked around some more to try and find a setting that could fix it, but found nothing.

Please help :giddy:

The problem with this is that most TV's are set to 800x600 at best, unless you have an HDTV. So you need to set the resolution on your desktop to 800x600 to match it. Also the wording will look horrible as the TV isn't very crisp at that resolution.

You've set the TV out to use a "virtual desktop" where the display scrolls, acting as a larger desktop. It can be disabled from display settings somewhere, in ancient ATI drivers it used to be under the normal screen resolution adjust slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back