Problems With Video Car in any PC Game I play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well let me start by saying I'm not a complete newb but I'm also not an expert. My problem is that when I play any PC game I have drawing problems. To start when I play World of Warcraft, I get flicers and whats looks like fractured drawing glitches that blink all around the screen. Sometimes it runs without alot problems. Sometimes it runs with a bunch, and if it does with a bunch then it eventually freezes up and crashes.
However, With Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, the screen flickers a lil with pieces but not alot, but it will just go black all the sudden. I still have menus and some text alright but the rest of the screen is black. If I press ESC I still get teh menu and stuff. Its jsut weird. I've tried alota things to fix this. I have updated drivers and what not and done my dxdiag. I just dont' know where to look anymore. I could use any ideas please. Thanx

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What you`re describing is know as graphics artifacts.

Check your graphics card isn`t overheating.

The easiest way to do this, is to open your case and aim a deskfan at your graphics card. If the artifacts then diminish, it`s a sign of overheating.

If with the fan blowing there`s no change, then it may be that your graphics card ram is bad.

Also, make sure your card isn`t full of dust.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back