Problems with WD2000JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problems with WD2000JD *FIXED*

This is my first time posting in the forums, I usually come on here to find answers to my problems. But sadly I haven’t found anything, I have a Western Digital Caviar SE 200GB SATA HDD (WD2000JD-22HBBO) that doesn’t want to be found, i recently replaced my (dead) K8N4-E Deluxe motherboard/3400+ w/ 1mb l2cache (clawhammer) with a K8V-E SE and a AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ processor, The HDD would get all the way to the windows boot screen, but when the progress bar made it a bout 3/4 the way through it auto-reboots its self, every single time at the same point. I thought maybe that it could be the connections and/or sata port, but changing all that didn’t seem to help. The HDD is detected in the BIOS, and I can play with it all I want with WD's tools, but when I tried to repair windows, it says that it does not detect any hard drives and the setup cannot continue. I also tried using MaxBlast which also doesn't detect it. I asked a friend about it and he told me that I should use the WD tools to write 0's on the HDD so I did. It didn’t work, it still won't detect it with the windows install disk. I appreciate any help that anyone can offer me, and thank you ahead of time.

UPDATE

I have found an old Maxtor 20GB IDE HDD and it starts up fine, so I hooked up the WD SATA and it detects it in bios and in the WD Data Lifeguard diagnostic tools but when i get into windows, its not there. Then i remembered, it’s been reformatted, no partitions, so I loaded up partition magic and it didn’t see any unallocated or drives other than the IDE. :knock: Beginning to get frustrated, I can't seem to find the problem, why is it reading in bios and the program, but windows cannot detect it at all.

Feedback would be appreciated.

UPDATE
*SOBS* :( I fixed it, but all my precious illegaly downloaded music... is... isssss goneeeeee :( *sobs more*. And I feel so stupid, *stabs ASUS* :mad: they had the default for the sata at RAID, instead of IDE RAWR GRRR

Sorry to have wasted the time of the people who read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back