Probs creating a wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdo,

I am having probs trying to create a wireless network connection from my pc to another in the kid's bedroom
Both pc's are running win xp home, i have hard wired the AGK Nordic WA-4054 router to my pc with a rj-45 cable .. no probs :)
The kid's pc now has a bt voyager 1040 pci card installed ...
it says it is running at 54Mbps on a wireless connection (set to default) & the signal strength : Excellent :)

Now i do not have a clue .. i am looking around for inf but all i get is jargon & acro's ... please help me

Regards

JAFFA

I think that's it. You probably will want to enable security on the router, but that's all I can think of.

thanks for responding .. the prob in more detail is that i cannot access the internet thru the kid's pc .. even tho these things are now installed.
there isn't anything there to tell me that they are talking to each other
& to be honest i don't know where to look to check lol

regards

JAFFA

I think you need to check the firewalls to see of there is anything preventing you connecting. Also has the router got any WEP or WAP encription installed, or MAC address filtering? As a temprorary measure to try something just disable all firewalls ie windows and NIS etc. This is a quick way to check. If you can connect it is a firewall issue. PUT THE FIREWALL BACK ON. Then it's a matter of configuring the firewall.

Have you tried to ping the other PC? Make sure both pcs are switched on

start>run> type 'command'
then thpe ping with the IP address of the other computer.
eg ping 192.168.2.2 and see if you get a response.
If you do you are connected. type 'exit' to close rthe window

Does the kids pc tell you that you are connected to a network? look at view network connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back