Probs The Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

oh_aye

My cpu temp at idle is around 40*C, when its active (playing games) it gets to around 60*C. Now in my opinion I definitley think these could be lower. I have an Akasa AK-785CU Heatsink with a 60mm fan. Does anyone know if Akasa have a reputation for cheap shabby products, or are they quite agood company. I have an Athlon XP 2800+, would you say the heatsink is adequate. Thanks

Honestly I have never heard of this brand before. You might want to try taking out the heatsink and applying some thermal paste like Artic Silver.

This might help to provide better contact between the cpu die and the heatsink and thus improve heat dissipation. As a result, you might get lower load temperature.

I've got Akasa sound deadening matting in my mini tower and Akasa rounded IDE cables. I believe they also do fans and other accessories. Never heard much about their heatsinks though.

I have ordered a Thermaltake K7 Silent Boost Heatsink. This heatsink is a bit loud (spins at 5720RPM mostly). The Thermaltake K7 Silent Boost spins at around 2500rpm, but the fan is bigger at 80mm.

I totally agree with that K7 Silent Boost,,my XP-2800+ at Idel temp dropped 6 degrees and after a game of UT2004 (1 HR),dropped it 8 from the range it ran befor 45~60 degrees
it's heavier than it looks. it really is quiet!

Themaltake Silent Tower.

I just put one of these babies on my 3200 xp. I was getting idle temps of 62c and gaming temps of 70-74c. I was getting random reboots while gaming. I got the Silent Tower because after reading about heatpipe technology I was impressed. Such an oldschool technology used in high tech applications. I also used atric silver 5. A "thin layer".
Anyway I am now getting idle temps of 23c and gaming temps of 29c. If this is no mistake I would say that my temps are fantastic now. Are these readings acurate? I guess. I get the temp. readings from in the bios and motherboard monitor 5.While gaming I know longer get reboots. My games still crash to desktop but my computer keeps hummin along.

Soulo, I just realised you Your the same from LK. Go I was hoping that was someonelse that got drastic results from the Silent tower. That is you right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back