Probs with CMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakob

Right, this isn't down to a virus as I've scanned it recently. But my CMD or COMMAND.COM will not accept commands like Ping or net etc. I'v eattached a pic to show that. I was wondering if it could be something has gone haywire in my registry. it's actually quite anoying because my friend makes batch files that cause flashy screen :) but anyway back-on-track, if anybody knows how to sort out my cmd then plz let me know. I will be going to school in about 20 mins so I cannot speak for too long.

Attachments

• cmd.JPG
    cmd.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 6
Actually - it just looks like your path environment variable might be lost. Sometimes it's as easy as re-entering it or even just a reboot. I would open up the variable - paste it into notepad - save it empty - then open it back up and paste it back in.

will try that but it seems to stay like that no matter how many times i've reboot the pc. and it seems to have happened once i ran a batch file to remove a virus. all it did was removed a file using the simple DEL command. but since then it's not worked

I had a similar problem, but it was with the "cd.." command. I was using the JVM for my Java class, and we compiled everything using the command line. I couldn't change directories, so I worked around the problem temporarily by moving all the project to the default folder.

Anyways, I don't know how I fixed it, but it seems to have been corrected somehow. It might involve downloading Windows updates, using a registry cleaner, or repairing the OS.

I can't help you much, but don't trash the computer because the problem CAN be FIXED.:cool:

Your PATH variable is screwed up.
Take a close look at your screenshot - in the middle of the fouth line you see that the GTK and QuickTime entries have been merged.
Put a semicolon (;) between \bin and C: (You can edit the system variables in System Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back