Processor lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinone

Hey, i experience lag in games that i know i shouldn't as i have an ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb and 2GB Ram. So why do i lag? i was thinking about my processor could be the problem to this as it is only an Intel 1.8Ghz celeron processor. If i upgraded to a 3.2Ghz, would it increase my performance and decrease the lag?

What games are you wanting to improve your performance on?

Chances are it is your CPU. Celerons are not really designed with gaming in mind. If you upgrade to a P4 or Pentium D, I think you'd notice a significant performance increase.

That said, your graphics card is also starting to get a little dated. Again, it all depends on what games you are wanting to play and at what screen resolution etc.

I play Call of Duty and my card can take the graphics fine but when alot of players start to join, it gets a little laggy same with single player, it lags quite a bit. I play it on max everything with 1048x1240, makes no difference wwether its on low or very high. does it also with other games. thanks

For gaming, AMD is generally the best way to go, but that may all be changing soon with the release of Intel's new CPU in a month or so.

Assuming that this is your motherboard:
http://www.asrockamerica.com/Products/P4VM800.htm
The best CPU you can use is the Pentium 4 3.40 GHz Northwood, and yes if you get this cpu I imagine it would decrease a lot of your lag problems. However, you also have a fairly old graphics card, so you are still not going to be able to get high frame rates on today's newer games, even with a new CPU.

ok thanks for your help Don i'll take your advice.
So if i brought a pentium 4 3.00GHz Northwood it would run well with my mobo>? 100% supported? And i don't realy play the newest games like F.E.A.R and stuff only Medal of Honor and Call of Duty ect.

justinone said:
So if i brought a pentium 4 3.00GHz Northwood it would run well with my mobo>? 100% supported?

100% supported. And nice choice, Northwoods are better than Prescotts (preshotts) :hotouch: :hotouch: :hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back