Processor turns on, but not the monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkisspartan

Whenever i unplug the power cable from the power socket and plug it back in or unplug it from the back of the computer, my computer wont turn on. Well, the processor and mouse turns on but both the keyboard and monitor wont. When this happens, i have to wait like 2 days before fiddling with the on - off power button to get it working. Its not the power supply because i replaced it and i still have the problem and im sure its not the power socket which is screwed. Both the keboard and monitors plugs are pluged in. How can i fix this?By the way, ive got a AMD athlon 64 3500+

From what I have read there are limited causes/possibilities, and the primary suspect is, despite your protestations, a bad psu.

Which On/Off switch are you 'fiddling' with, and, not to get TOO technical, but what kind of 'fiddling' are you doing?

:)

its fixed now, but its going to happen again the next time the power plug comes out.

I just keep taking the power plug out of the power supply in the computer and put it back in and then turn on the computer to see if the monitor turns on. I also unplug the power supply cord from the stocket and turn the stockets switch on/off and put the power cord back in the stocket. Maybe sound confusing, sorry.

PSU's have an On/Off switch.

Cases have an On/Off/Standby switch.

It isn't so much confusion as that you don't describe your actions very well.

Why are you continually pulling that plug anyway. Just leave it alone!

CCT said:
PSU's have an On/Off switch.

Cases have an On/Off/Standby switch.

It isn't so much confusion as that you don't describe your actions very well.

Why are you continually pulling that plug anyway. Just leave it alone!

mt previous power supply had a power switch and a voltage enhancer. Well, one day i got curious and turned it up to like 920 volts...and then a large explosion took place :p The one i have now doesnt have a switch or power enhancer and no, im not fiddling with the cases on/off switch.

Well, if you are sure it's not the PSU. Then I'd suspect you've probably gone and done in your motherboard or you have a faulty power socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back