Program for managing music, deleting duplicate entries, sorting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hey, I just got 130gbs of music (all legal in case you're wondering) half of it is in artist>album>song format, whilst the other half is unsorted. I also probably have around 20gigs of duplicates which must be deleted from the unsorted entries. What I was wondering, is if there is a program which will do all this for me? It doesnt necesarily have to be free because it will take me about 200hours to sort through it manually in which time i can make a %$#@load of money:p

I have enough storage space to copy the entire lot again, so what I though might work is this: Search for all the files in these folder using a program which hopefully you will suggest to me, set the "sorted" music as read-only or something similar, and then save it...

this program doesnt need to be "uber-efficient" if it gets through 70% of it, I'll be helped out a lot:)

Regards,

korrupt

I think opus 8 does that very well

foobar2000 eha
gotta try that one

too many programs not nuff time

Thanks for your replies,

papa, would you be able to explain to me the best method of doing this using foobar2000?

I am also interested in opus 8 though, so if anyone can provide some additoinal info, cheers:)

Regards,

korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back