Programme required to show amount of data that`s been transferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehacker

i need a software that shows me how much amount of data has been transfered while using the net. here broadband has data limits. so i need to keep a check over data amount being transferred.
if there is any software like that plz reply with link if possible
thanks in advance

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

go to the network connections throught control pannel, and right click on you network adapter and click on status, that will show you.

that everyone knows and why so long route. just double click the two-computer icon in the taskbar(that shows that net is connected).. but i wanted a program that may calculate it in KBs and MBs as data transfer increases. zone alarm does this but i am using comdo coz i have problem using zone alarm on my comp. i downloaded softperfect traffic meter but in vain, coz instead of calcultaing it stopped my all traffic....LOLzz :D

netmeter is for monitoring ur internet speed and not for monitoring amount of data transfer (that is download/upload limit).

Below are some of the features of NetMeter.

NetMeter is a customizable network bandwidth monitoring program for Windows.

Features:

Totals Reports
Projected bandwith use
Daily Reports
Weekly Reports
Monthly Reports
Custom Graphs and Fonts
Traffic Volume Notification

I`ve just installed it myself and it does show you your upload and download totals.

Regards Howard :)

I'm glad to see you've solved the problem but for future info. there are 1024 KB to a MB. so 1024 bytes to a Kb and 1024 KB to a MB, 1024 MB to a GB and so on. also if your internet ISP says you have 128 kbit, that meank you will devide that # by 8 the size of a byte. a bit is basicly a 1 or a 0. there are 8 bits to a byte. sepped is usually refrenced as bits per second NOT bytes per second. its really anoying. same goes for networking, 10/100/1000(gigaBIT) goes in bits per second. so devide those #'s by 8 and you will find you very close actual speed.

Just for some extra knowlage you might be able to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back