Programming for handheld machine of Symbol on WinCE using VC++(2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandana

Hi,
I am new in WinCE and Handheld machine programming.
i have gone through the visual studio 2005 and found Pocket PC emulator but i am not getting how to map keys of handheld device to WinCE in VC++.

i mean we have softkeys on handheld device like 4 arrow keys, one center button and 4 other keys on left and right, what is meaning of those keys and how to simulate those keys to the keyboard.
suppose if i write a program in vc++ for desktop machine then we have mouse and keyboard when any press then window generate WM_KEYDOWN event but what will happen in case of handheld device.
Please let me know in detail or give me some hint or possible sample code to understand the whole procedure.

Vandana

"Please let me know in detail or give me some hint or possible sample code to understand the whole procedure"...

Have you performed a Goolgle search on thiis?

Well this is a question in a question. I have a Symbol MC50 Handheld. I'm trying to locate 3rd party applications for it but cant seem to find any. I.E. Adobe Reader..etc. Can you help?

Hi,
Can you please tell me the cost of that device and snapshot of the device, have you got the SDK of the device or do you know virtual key code of the device.

If you have ready made programming code for that particular device then you need not to be worry about it becuase deployment task is not so rediculous as to develop code for it.

and on which platform you want to deploy your code on the machine i mean your code is for CE of which version.

Vandana

i am going to create a menu and scenario is like i have to select that menu item by the soft keys of the hand held device, as we know each handheld device has 4 array keys and a center button surrounded it so i want to selecty a menu using that center key but i dont know what should i need to do for this.
as we have WM_COMMAND message with windows programming to select a menu item as which event will be generated with mobile programming.

I hope you would have understood my problem if have more detail then let me know.
vandana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back