Programs for limited users

Status
Not open for further replies.

me(who else?)

I recently installed Linux on my laptop, and currently have 2 accounts. I have root and cgardne. However, I have permission errors when installing under cgardne, so instead I use root. However, I can't run the programs from the prompt when I'm cgardne. Can anyone help???

What programs? How do you install them? And yes, you have to install everything as root. That's the very point of normal users and root account.

Sorry Nodsu. I didn't realize I already had access to them.

P.S. I just started using Linux, so expect a LOT of stupid questions:dead:

It's OK. Ask away. If it is too stupid then noone will reply :p

And if I seem too rude in my posts then don't be offended - it is either my bad manners or entertaining the other readers :p

I have yet to see you seem rude one (so far!). Thanks for being forgiving, it seems like this forum is a bit understaffed (or appreciated).

If you mean this particular forum, it's because majority of people, including moderators, use Windows®.

But any registered user can reply, it's not the duty of moderators / staff.

Post any questions about Linux you like. We were all beginners once, and indeed there are many such beginners here.

We have what I like to think of as a healthy attitude to questions here.

I agree. Thanks for being so considerate! :grinthumb As I said, I'll have lots of dumb questions for you guys, but I'll try and google my question before I post to avoid incidents like this in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back