Proposed Sepcs for Gaming Pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently in the process of drawing up specs for a new pc, this pc will PREDOMINANTLY but not entirely be used for gaming. Im big tim einto music creation aswell so wil be using programs like Reason and Cubase on this.

Here be the proposed specs...

Power Supply Unit: Hiper 525W True Power PSU
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX-57
CPU fan: Zalman Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Socket 939 PCI-Express
Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GTX PCI-Express
Memory: 2GB Corsair TwinX PC3200 Pro
Hard disk drive 1: Raptor 74GB S-ATA 150
Hard disk drive 2: Raptor 74GB S-ATA 150 In RAID mode 0 with above Raptor Hard Disk.
Hard disk drive 3; Any small high performance HD (10000rpm) or better, only to put OS and pagefile onto.
Optical drive 1: Any Good DVD-Rom drive
Optical drive 2: Plextor PT716ADL Dvd +/- RW/R Writer.
Floppy Drive: Floppy drive
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro
Monitor: BenQ FP71E+ 17\" TFT Monitor (8ms response time) (Unless you know of better options for same price range.)
Keyboard: High Performance Keyboard (Audio Shortcuts would be nice)
Mouse: Logitech MX 518 Performance mouse
Speakers: Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
Operating System: Windows XP 64 Professional SP2
Wireless Card; Any 802.11g capable card.

Any tips/advice guys? Any forseeable issues with the above hardware or better yet.. options to improve performance, as far as I know as of the moment.. this is the highest specs I could come up with.

My MAXIMUM budget is around £3000 although cheaper would be preferable. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Looks like a killer computer.

Question about your motherboard choice. I have the A8N-SLI deluxe. What version are you thinking of getting? Deluxe or Premium? I'd recommend the premium version over the deluxe. The main difference being the cooling of the chipset. Premium uses passive cooling without a fan. Deluxe has a noisy fan on it, that has a high chance of dying on you (easily replaced but a bit of a nuisance).

Something else to think about. Why are you getting an SLI board? So you have the option of upgrading in the future? That is why I have the SLI board, but if I were making a new computer, I'd put some serious thought into getting a non SLI board and one of the new ATI cards. I'd want to see some more reviews of the new cards first of course... but something to keep in mind.

Save some money and forget about the the floppy drive. Get xp Home. And your MOBO already has onboard 8 channel sound. My Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe has the same sound, and I love it. I also am big on music, so I think you'd be fine with out the extra sound card as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back