PS2 Game from USA to Uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

I have just returned from US and bought a game Bloodrayne,
It is not recognised bah

Is it a faulty game or is it a different system.
Am I stuffed, is there any way to use it or do I send back for a credit?

Thanks

I think that if you bought your console in the UK then the US game you purchased is considered an "Import" by your console. if so then you probably cant play it without a mod chip installedd on your machine.

Have you any experience with the mod chips Is it a bad idea to start swinging a soldering iron around inside a playstation.
I dont have access to copy dvd and games so would a mod be an expensive way to play the odd US game or are there any hidden benefits?

I would not risk trashing an expensive console just to play an "import"game now and then.

If you ask me your not risking "trashing" your PS2 that much. Its farily simple, they have instuctions on where to solder. MAGIC3 chips are best all around, and there is no disk swapping supports ALL PS2 versions I believe. On their diagrams, It has the chip, each wire/thread(whatever its called) comming off the chip, is labeled A/B/C/D/etc. Then they just list the points on the PS2 board A/B/C/etc. Its just a matter of matching these points up with a wire and a little bit of solder;). Put a little sticky tape on the chip so its not free hanging and VULLA! Only thing is if your going to "BACKUP" your PS2 games, you'll need a DVD Burner.

Almost all true ---agissi--- , except for that last statement. You only need a DVD burner to burn you dvd rips of ps2 games - but quite often there is not enough info to require that. Also, you can remove several areas to make it fit on an 80 min or even less CD. To get a perfect copy everytime no matter what game - you're right - you'll need a DVD burner then. Magic 3 is the best, but if you decide not to get it then be careful - not all mods will support DVD+or-R media.

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back