PS2 Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magniitude

I recently got a new slim PS2 and I want to play games online. It says I already have my network adapter built in, so I'm fine. Thing is, all I've read to install it is to plug the ethernet cable into my router. What if I want to play it downstairs, and my computer is upstairs? I have a modem with DSL, what am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to get like a 100 ft cable or something, or do I just find a phone jack in the wall?

Thanks,
Mag

Get a router or switch with a wireless antenna, then install a receiver antenna device/adapter on your computer upstairs.

Thats what I did for my PS2, but the problem is, my wireless internet was very crappy, so I took the network equipment back to my computer. I would hope you are ok playing games while using internet downstairs.

Hmm...its just that I imagined this process to be a little easier... :) I'll probably just bring a smaller tv upstairs and put it next to the computer.

Another question: how do sites like gamespot get their ps2 screenshots so sharp? They look exactly like they were taken from a pc - tv resolution's seem so low.

The real question is does anyone even play ps2 online anymore? The last time i played online (which was like 4 years ago), there was only like 6 people online.

Lots of people play online on the PS2. I checked on BFII, and there was 105 servers with about 15 players a server :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back