• Xbox 720

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Or Wii 2 (or wii something else)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamas123

Hey guys guess what, i watched a vid on youtube and googled around and i found out that there are going to be 3 8th gen consoles. The succesors to the Wii, PS3 and Xbox360. Not that far aswell, around 2010 ish.

Check the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_fLowozCrE

You may like to check out this: http://www.forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=207807

And this aswell: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/20...aunch-in-2011-2012-according-to-microsoft.htm

The 720 next to xbox is our pet name and so is the 2 next to the wii

But wait, apple may join the party ...

Im sorry but that video was a bit lame.

The "PS4" was obviously the silver edition PS3, with a crappy edit you did in MS Paint. The "Xbox 720" logo was another crappy edit you did. You changed it from green to blue, and replaced "360" with "720". The "Wiivolution" or whatever the heck you called it was a Wii prototype picture because the Wii was originally going to be black. You have made everyone dumber by making them watch this video.

It isn't my video, i never made it, i found it on youtube so how was i supposed to know. Check the 3rd link in my first post. It says that all 3 companies are thinking of their next consoles and MS are already working on theirs.

I dont know if it's true or not but you can do some research yourself if you like.

I highly doubt those systems will be out anytime near 2010. It's not profitable for the companies. They sell systems at a loss for the first few years of production, then start to make a profit as technology costs go down. Take the PS2 and GameCube. The PS2 released in 2000, and the GameCube in 2001. The successor to the PS2, the PS3, released in 2006, and so did the successor to the GameCube, the Wii. Therefore, it was we has 6 years of PS2 and 5 years of GameCube. So we can expect that the new systems won't be out until around 2012.

And I highly doubt they will be called "Wii 2" or "Xbox 720". Maybe the new Sony system will be called Playstation 4, but I think after three systems, the might be inclined to change the name. But you never know. Sony released a PS2 advertisement a few years back about "Playstation Nine." As seen here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PcmtDAVM-3A

I've seen that ad already, is there really going to be a Playstation 9 ? The specs/features will be awesome. The Xbox "720" and Wii "2" are our pet names ;). Anyway is said around 2010 not 2010, 2012 is probably around where it is going to be.

EDIT: No one has voted for the Playstation 4 yet.

hmm, didn't know that is such a thing, but i guess that xbox might win since its like one of the best out there so far :p

Well come then end of this year we shall see where Sony stands on the PS3 front. 360 has been out longer and i still bought my PS3 b4 i got my elite. 360 is more expensive, microsoft must plan their release accordingly like Nintendo did.

Not to start any flaming, but this is a very pointless thread. No one even knew who would when the ps3/xbox 360/ wii race until well after launch date, and even now it it is not entirely clear.

To make a thread, with 3 games systems that will probably never exist, with absolutely no details or specs, and choose which one will win is completly ridiculous. Thats like asking, Who will win the 2016 presidential election?..who the hell knows.

It's to see if you lot will predict right, when they, or if they come out we could check this poll and see if we guessed right. Simple as that, no point to causing an arguement, "who the hell knows" makes it more interesting, thats the whole point of me creating this poll ;). When the specs are revealed and i find out what they are i'll post a reply telling you them.

twite said:
Who will win the 2016 presidential election?..who the hell knows.

Well who the hell knowz if this World will exist as we know it by then? Same concept.

The fact that anything can happen and just the thought sometimes is an interest. The SPECS of these systems to exist is unknown because the Technology is not out yet. The fact of this nex Gen gaming era Im sure guarentees that the current HD-DVD and Blue-Ray optical drives should have a role in this. Other than that Its up to the imagination.

Seeing that Xbox was the most powerful *specs* of last gen
and that PS3 I guess has the most powerful *specs* of the current gen
then that means that the new Wiisphere will be the most powerful of the new generation.

Well that your opinion. I just dont see how them selling a console is even worth considering the Wii a next gen console. Motion is the only technical innovation that is invested into the systems specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back