PSU Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob956

Im trying to remove the current psu cables from the devices they are plugged into. Man, these cables are really snug. I can't get them out, should they be liek this. Will I just have to use more strength to get them out. Should I pull them out straight, or pull them out while wiggling them side to side? Cheers :)

yeah, just wiggle them and be persistent. I have a 9800 pro that takes a needle nose pliers and a couple minutes to get out.

The molex connectors are really tight esp. when new.

If you have a connector that you have to plug/unplug often, take a knife to it to make things go smoother.

Try to get a good grip with your fingers. Try to pull out the left side first. Once that is a little loose, pull on the right side. Keep alternating and straining until you get that sucker out. Use something to help pry it out like a butter knife maybe.

Sometimes those psu cables are easy to take, but when they are stuck, it makes me wanna break it so badly. It took me ten minutes to take one out before.

Originally posted by Nodsu
If you have a connector that you have to plug/unplug often, take a knife to it to make things go smoother.

Assuming you're willing to invalidate the warranty on your power supply, that is...

Cheers to all of ya. I just like checking with some other people sometimes before attempting summat, just to make sure I will not break anything. I will just try really hard, not too sure whether I should use a tool. I'll just have to try real hard with my fingerz, am feelin tired only 11.30pm (in the UK).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back