PSU enough for system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeusru

Hey all,
So i got my newly built system up and running, and the video card shows an error and tells me that it won't be working at full capacity due to the lack of power. I checked at an online power calculator and it told me I do have enough power in my system... can someone please help?
My PSU is 550W, and the video card is a 8600GTS (512MB). On the video card's system requirements it says 400W.

PSU: ROSEWILL|RP550-2 (550 W)
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe NF570SLI AM2
CPU: AMD|A64 X2 5200+ 2.6G AM2 2M R
Memory: 1G|TRANS DDRII 800 JM800QLJ-1G
Video Card: EVGA 512-P2-N773-AR 8600GTS 512
I've also got my old IDE 60gb HD installed, along with my old DVD burner, IDE as well.
Case: SUNBEAM|IC-TR-BA BLK

I also have one IDE hard drive and one DVD burner hooked up to the system.

is it possible that I just hooked some power cables up in an inefficient way?

Does the video card have a power connector socket on it? If it does, you will have to plug a power supply connector into the video card

It looks as if the card does have a power connection, and also
I found the following comment about power - it is clearly an issue with this one! Try disconnecting a few drives just to see if it makes a difference:
Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 22 Amp Amps.)
Minimum 450 Watt for SLI mode system.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 24 Amp Amps.)
An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card)
Unquote

Thanks guys,
Apparently after disconnecting and reconnecting all my hardware like 15 times I just forgot to plug the video card into the power supply. So, that problem's solved. If anyone's feeling up to it, I'd love some help with my new newbie builder question in this thread:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic85545.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back