PSU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I've switched all of my hardware into a new case, and I bought a new power supply. I hooked everything up and went to turn on the computer... and nothing happened. I plugged the comp into an outlet and didnt hear a sound. I turned on the PSU, still nothing. I pressed the power button, nothing. I pressed the mobo's power button and nothing happened. There is 1 LED light on, right below one of the PCI slots on the motherboard. I switched cases because one of my hard drives went bad and I wanted to change everything up. Anyway, the PSU's fans dont even spin when I turn on its power. Any ideas? Is it a bad power supply? Should I call the manufacturer?

Sounds like a dead psu

It's frustrating but sometimes when you buy brand new hardware it can be faulty. I know this because I replaced the psu on my pc and nothing happened and after checking the connections numerous times I realized that it must be dead. I took it back to the store and sure enough it was dead. Hope you have your receipt! Maybe get a second opinion first though. Peace Out!

Oh yeah, where did you get that Redwings icon? Thats dope! :D

I'd check what kind of connnector your motherboard requires from the PSU and make sure that is the type of connector your PSU has. It may simply be that you do not have the right connector.

DonNagual said:
I'd check what kind of connnector your motherboard requires from the PSU and make sure that is the type of connector your PSU has. It may simply be that you do not have the right connector.
Maybe the CPU or the RAM or one of the PCI cards isn't correctly slotted (unplug, plug). The issue to consider is that if you've removed the cpu from the cooler (if you've switched mobos the you probably have), there should be a thin layer of thermal paste between the CPU and the cooler .. also your new motherboard might not support the voltage of your graphics card as they do differ for 4x, 8x 3d accelerators, etc. Don't know if what I write is relevant to your case but it sounds to me like you're doing amateur work where it should not have been done, ah well .. hopefully you haven't burned anything ;P ;)

Lol what an essay an all for nothing, I've just read your post again ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back