PSU SLI question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXIX

Ok i'm going to get a Nvidia 7900 GS card found here

(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2446338&body=REVIEWS)

So if I get two of these and put them into SLI mode will i need a SLI enabled PSU or one that says it has SLI support? Or will i be able to use any PSU as long as it outputs enough power. And how strong a PSU do you think i will need for this setup:

Dual 7900 video cards
Dual Pentium 4 3ghz
2gbs RAM
Abit AW8D mobo

help appreciated

You need the SLI PSU. It may have 1, 2, some even have 3, 12volt rails. The important spec. is that it puts out at least 22 amps in the 12 volt section. Personally, I would get one with say, 30 amps or more. Better to have more than you need so the PSU is happy and stable.

Ok this has 22amps in the 12v section but i'm on a TIGHT budget so do you think i can get away with that 550w?

does it have to be 30+ amps adding up all 3 12v specs? or does it have to have at least one 12v@22a

WOW BEEF JERKY THANKS!!! That card is such a better deal the the 7900gs and its newegg so i know i'll get great service with it. I will definitely buy these instead that helps my budget open up a bit so i think ill get a Sunbeam Transformers ATX Full Tower Case now.

One question i couldn't find anywhere in the specs if this card is SLI or not

-fix nvm i checked it its SLI alright, can't believe i missed this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back