PSU upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiders

I have Bestec ATX-250-12z REV .: D. 250W, i need to upgrade to 450-400W for new graphics card but idk what is gonna be compatible, anyone know somehow? srry for low info.. idk exact mobo name only that it is glendale from trigem and 2003

It should be okay.

Edit:Sorry about that, I read it as being 450W instead of 250W. Not had much sleep I suppose. ;)
Anyways, how much would you be willing to spend?

That does not matter

My PSU has PCI-e connectors but I only have AGP so i just leave them unplugged. Don't worry about it, all PSU's in production now come with PCI-e connectors, it doesn't mean that you have to sue them

Hi,

First time to this site and everyone seems very helpful so I thought I would ask a similar question, I didn't want to start a new topic as I know alot of people would just tell me to use search lol.

Anyway I have the same PSU (ATX-250-12z) as the original poster and I am also getting a new video card tomorrow and I'm wondering if I should upgrade and if so would the PSU previously posted (COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus 460W) would be sufficient for the card I am getting.

The card I'm getting is XFX PVT86SYAFG GeForce 8400GS 512MB

I can't post links to the video card but I ordered it from Newegg and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Thanks in advance. :)

Yes that PSU should be more than enough for your new card. What do you plan on doing with the card? It's an excellent one for an HTPC, but for gaming, you'd need at least an 8600GT.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Yes that PSU should be more than enough for your new card. What do you plan on doing with the card? It's an excellent one for an HTPC, but for gaming, you'd need at least an 8600GT.

the only thing I'll really be using it for is WoW, I was told it was a good card for that, my intergrated runs it ok but not as good as i would like...and do you mean my current 250W power supply is ok to run it or the cooler master one is ok?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back