PSU used for fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddakota609

I'm trying to add extra fans to my xbox 360 and i want to use a PC PSU.. insted of the xbox power, but obviously it wont stay on with out being hooked to a motherboard. i have a bestec ATX-250 is there two wires i can jump to have the power stay on?

ddakota609 said:
I'm trying to add extra fans to my xbox 360 and i want to use a PC PSU.. insted of the xbox power, but obviously it wont stay on with out being hooked to a motherboard. i have a bestec ATX-250 is there two wires i can jump to have the power stay on?

Why do you need to mod the xbox 360? We have a third party fans to support your xbox 360.

Doing the modding and hacking void your warranty.

If you insist, here the step by step with pictures.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/mods/pc_power_supply_xbox_360.htm

Good luck.

ive got two 360 one for moding and not worried about the waranty, and the the other im not moding. and yea i seen the llama but one it doesnt say what two wires you need to jump to have the PSU to come alive, and two im not running my 360 off the PSU. i would like to know what to wires need to be jumped. So i can get my extra case fans running.

Why dont you just buy some 240 volt fans? (Uk volage that is..)

Like these

Stick on a plug and off you go.. cooler too ... Or even better an xbox elite :)

To switch the PSU on, you short between the green wire in the middle of the 24 pin plug and any of the black wires.
Once they are shorted, the switch on the back of the PSU will fire it up.

I wouldnt use a bestec 250wat psu, they are THE most unreliable psu's on the market. E-machine use them, need i say more.

Get something better or you will be posting "Anyone know why smoke poured out of my xbox 360?"

its only running 3 fans. it is NOT wired to the xbox. and if something happens i have others to replace it.

woo hoo im out 5 bucks... im not very worried, thanks for the concern tho,,, if any thing does happen i got my other xbox.

NO it does not explain everything.... i have a xbox that i purchased from a store and one that i bought from ebay that i bought for cheap that looks like some one drop kicked it... and since everyones consern i have my fans just sitting around my xbox and and not connected to it in any way with a differnt psu... so i didnt hack in to my xbox (like it would be hard half the clips are broken) so every one can rest easy knowing that an xbox didnt die of a horrable fate... becides it already haveing one foot in the grave

Any more name calling or personal flaming and this thread will be closed. As it is, I`ve deleted the offending posts and responses.

Please keep is civil guys.

Regards Howard TS Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back