Psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev_olie

Ive been loking around the site and have also posted a few of my probelms on her. But ive heard alot about a PSU? im a total novice to partsd of a PC and what they do. So could you guys direct me on were it is what it does and how to repair parts of it or sites that tell you how to do it as id be greatley appreciated. Also what exactly is a mobo?. i thought it was the motherboard which im guessing is the huge circuit board inside the pc. If im wrong i need to know. Thanks looooooads :D:D:D

There are tons of resources online for topics like this. If you can't find anything online (which would be impossible) find a good book on PC's and hardware.

Most of what you will read on power supplies is baloney, created by companies to sell more products. Areas to read more are PC Power and Cooling, www.tomshardware.com, and anything you can find with a Google search. The important aspects of power supplies have to do with quality of components and quality of build. Nearly all of the 106 models currently sold are made in China by just a very few companies. Only one is still made in the US, and few anywhere in the free world.
Yes Mobo is what some people use for motherboard... but it can mean anything from a PDA to a RAID network. You will note that most manufacturers now refer to them as system boards.
JMMD has a good suggestion. Read a lot and search a lot.
One useful book is Upgrading and Repairing Computers, 17th edition, by Scott Muellar, available at many bookstores, and at Amazon Com.
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back