PSX demand strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Electronics and entertainment giant Sony Corp said on Tuesday that year-end sales were "extremely good", pointing to strong sales for DVD recorders, the PlayStation 2 (PS2) game console and the all-in-one PSX.

"We sold 100,000 PSXs in the first week. It sells for almost 100,000 yen ($941) and it still sold out. There are no products out there that can say that," said Kutaragi.

Sony is banking on 2004 being a better year than 2003, which was marred by the "Sony shock" -- a $1 billion quarterly loss announced in April -- and restructuring announced in October that calls for a 13 percent cut in its global work force in the next three years.

Read more: Reuters.

The PSX has gotta be great if people are paying 1000yen for one:eek: I've always liked the Sony Compnay...Good for them!!

Wow I didnt think it would be this big of a hit, just because it was so expensive. Go Sony :D

I doubt the PSX sold as well in Europe or North America as it did in the far east. Many countries in Asia (Korea and Japan, especiallys) are video game fanatics and video game playing is just about as common a hobby as American sports such as Football.

It's no surprise that PSX sold so well, as it's THE gaming console that has everything. People are willing to pay a premium price for such a system over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back