PT800CE-A motherboard, cannot install XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, first post.

I have installed the MB, and after a full day of troubleshotting I clear the CMOS with the MB jumpers, and I finally can boot up, windows starts fine, however I need to wipe the disk, so I insert my XP disk (genuine) and it inspects all and when it gets to the windows is starting screen , it just blue screens me.
I was having this same problem before when i first installed a hard drive, as soon as the Windows Xp screen appeared , the next screen went blue, thats when i cleared CMOS...
So again, i changed hard drives and get the same problem when i try to re-install XP, I am able to do it once it starts, however, what conflict is stopping me when i boot from CD?

The MB is the PT800CE-A and I am using a XP professional upgrade disk.

I have used this disk many times and use it as a tool to format many hard drives...and i put both hard drives in another computer and it it acts fine.

...no.

After reading some other posts, that seems to be the thing to do. So i should goto the manufacturers website and see if the bios version i currently have is the latest? However i have never flashed a bios, is that the same as updating to the newer version

Flashing a bios is the same as updating to a new one. Download the newest bios and follow the instructions that come with it.

Check the date on the latest bios update and see if it was after your board was made!! You said you hadn't flashed it before!!!!!

no, i have never flashed any bios in any pc before. I havent even thought about it being a problem till now. I will check the date on my pc and reference it to the date on the website, i believe it is 01/25/05, the latest on the website that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back