Put my computer into a new case and now a little problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

I put my part of my one computer into a new case so I could make room for a new computer but I have a little problem now. All I did was to take all my parts out of my one case which I will be putting new parts in and put them into my new case and in my device manager now I have an exclamation mark in other devices and it says pci device. I did not put any new parts in I just had to take them out to move the mobod etc. The only thing I have in a pci slot is an audigy 2 zs gamer which has not caused me any problems before. It works great and everything seems to be fine. I have xp pro with an amd 4400+ along with and ati 2600xt.
Anyone seen this before?

Is there a PCI device that this could relate to? I.e. do you have another PCI device that this could be?

IF there is then it's possible that it got damaged when it was being moved to the other case.

You can go to that unknown device properties, and under "Details" tab, copy down the "Device Instance Id" and post it here.

in device manager, under "sound, video and game controllers", expand it. What kind of devices listed there?

I'm suspecting the unknown device is build in audio from the ATI 2600XT. if you have your video card driver CD handy, you can try reinstall the driver again.

If you don't have the CD for your graphics card, go to the ATI website and download drivers form there, then you will know that you have the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back