Puter is running like a madman...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, started when my brother decided to remove sp2, he didn't do it quite right, so I had to do a restore with compaq's back-up drive. I lost most of my programs and norton for some strange reason wouldn't run right. I couldn't get my task bar, msconfig to stay open. I was sending more packets out then was being recieved, almost triple. My connection kept cutting off and I have a 1.5 mbit connection and I was getting only 100kbs. I finally managed to get Norton to scan from a back-up cd I had and it came up clean, but it still wasn't right. So I finally was able to get to panda's online scan and it found a dozen viruses and several worms running, after cleaning them out I still kept getting annoying pop-ups, SiteBar being the worst and my IE popping up constantly. I ran spybot and adaware and thought I cleaned everything out, but things are still shakey. Then I ran the CWShredder and it found one thing, got rid of it, but when I rebooted, it just kept rebooting and rebooting. I had to go to safe mode then system restore to get back up.

Hopefully someone can give me some insight by checking my Log out, which I haven't been able to run, till now... One more thing, whenever I reboot and my screen comes up I get an error message saying that mcafeeAV.exe cannot be found. I've never had mcafee installed, so this has baffled me, plus I can't figure out what btt54e.exe is running from. Sorry for the long post, and thanx for your time....

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infested with spyware etc.

Go HERE and follow the instructions very carefully. Print them out if you can.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back