Query GMT time stated

Maurice

I am curious, it is now 21 20, yet your site says " it is now 08.58" & states "GMT" in fact it is always about half an hour or so adrift.
I am neither nit-picking or complaining, what your clock says has no bearing on my connections to you, just thought I ought to bring it to someone's attention, that's all.

You need to go into User CP > Edit Options > look for "Time offset" and change it according to your time zone.

That is, on this Techspot forum.

XtR-X;- Thanks, been there, done that, but I AM set at "Western Europe; London etc.
Novice Gamer;- also thanks, but don't think it would help in this case [see above note to XtR-X]

Thanks, folks, but I did what XtR-X suggested & I believe I am on my correct time zone for the Isle of Wight;--Western Europe, London etc.

If I understand him right, I have the same problem. I am on the right time zone, but the TechSpot clock shows it is slow by about 22 minutes. TS shows 5:30 AM, and the actual time is 5:52 AM.

It is just the way the server is setup I'm sure. I have noticed this quite often, but there is nothing to worry about, just the server is setup 30 mins ahead.

Oh, I see what you're talking about. Well yeah, that's got to be the server, what poertner said.

Julio would have to change it if he wanted/could or would have to contact his hosting admin.

Thanks all!, I knew it wasn't an earth-shaking problem, doesn't affect anything, so, what the h**l !! Just for interest, according to TS, it's 07 Pm.... yes, Pm [?] [?] ......actually 20.45.

Actually I had to set mine to GMT -5:00 to get the correct time, even though I'm in Central Time Zone and its -6:00. (Maybe its somethign to do with daylight savings time?)

That's strange SNGX, I've in the Central Time Zone also, and I've got mine set for -6, and it shows the correct time.

I'm in Eastern Time Zone (-5) and it shows the correct time to me, here in Ecuador we don't use daylight savings so that must be it.

Originally posted by SNGX1275
Actually I had to set mine to GMT -5:00 to get the correct time, even though I'm in Central Time Zone and its -6:00. (Maybe its somethign to do with daylight savings time?)

Same here, I also mentioned this last night in the IRC channel.
Though last week it was only about 20 mins off, as it had been for some time

Back