Query re getting Nero to burn wav files

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post - I hope this is the right forum?

Has anyone come across a solution to this problem I wonder?
I want to use a portable digital voice recorder (Olympus VN480PC) to capture family history by getting older relatives to tell their stories to the recorder and I then want to save the files on an audio CD. The files download OK to my PC as WAV files, but the Nero (version 5) CD burner software won't burn these to an audio CD, though it will to a data CD.

A possible reason for this could be the Nero website FAQs say that Nero doesn't accept WAV files with markers inside the file and that they can be removed with 3rd party software by deleting a very small portion of the beginning of the audio file. The Olympus Digital Wave Player software doesn't seem to do this.

The properties of the WAV files from the voice recorder are:
Audio format IMA ADPCM
Average data 11.100 Kb/sec
Sample rate 22.50 KHz
Audio sample 4 bit
Channels 1 (Mono)

Does anybody have any idea how to get these files via Nero on to an audio CD? Or maybe can you suggest any software/hardware that might solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance

You could convert the .wavs to any other audio format like wma or mp3 and then let Nero burn them. Or use some other software to burn the .wavs. Even WMP can burn CDs.

Thanks

Thanks Nodsu - converting files to mp3 worked fine with Nero.
I'm not too familiar with audio files and in case any other audio novices find it useful I found an audio file converter at: www.e-soft.co.uk/

Just a thought ;
Upgrade to Nero 6.6+ Ultra and you would also be able to take movies,stills and co-ordinaate them with you sound files for Family members .
And put the whole ball of wax into a DVD movie , all with Nero.
Eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back