Querying the method of moderating posts.

Maurice

Yes, my most recent post on Misc Software, the thread regarding Bullseye was censored, it was shown as " ****ed ", the four letters originally referred to the male bird of the fowl genus, the way it was censored, the word might have begun with the sixth letter of the alphabet, [being very cautious here] a word I would never, ever, use in any form of writing, to anybody, we're all adults here, & most know the usual expletives, but don't put them in print.
Can I please have the Administrator's / Moderator's comments on this, members reading this particular post will not know that the word was innocent, & think otherwise, I feel I ought to go there again, & explain, or they may think I'm extremely OTT.

Maurice [embarrassed]

There, I feel better now!

It seems to be automated in that case, just like here:

a message pops up that sais it did not p*** its windows logo compatibility test with windows XP

Apparently the detection algorithm could need some tweaking.

Mictlantecuhtli said:
It seems to be automated in that case, just like here:
Apparently the detection algorithm could need some tweaking.

I agree, about "needing some tweaking", I didn't think that it would be automated, but it could be, since the site was re-vamped.
Perhaps someone on the staff will come forward, & give us the low-down.

Nice to hear from you again,
Maurice
sunglasses2.gif

You more or less got the "low-down" from Mict...

An automated filter has been activated, so that the moderators would have an easier job keeping bad language off the site. Unfortunately,as Mict pointed out, the algorithm doesn't take into account that what could potentially be a bad word can also be an integral part of legal words.
Ie. Har'a''s''s' would've been censored if written out normally, since it contains the last three letters, which also happens to be a bad word on their own...

The problem is being looked into, and will be fixed as soon as a fix is found...

Back