Question about 64bit WIN XP PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz d.

Hi all,
I'm using the amd athalon64...i am about to purchase my OS, however, I was wondering which would be more beneficial. Windows XP PRO 32bit or 64? I was thinking that with the compatibility of the cpu, it would be beneficial wo buy the 64bit verison....would this be better? is there anything noticeable? im thinking that all of the hardware i have will have compatible drivers, so i would avoid that mess...although im not 100% sure about that....but, what do u guys think?

Also, im browsing the net for the cheapest Operating Systems. Ive found some for like 80 bucks. How reliable are these OEMS? i mean, i know that microsoft will give you a new one if someone sells you a bonk product, but, what if they are selling me an OS for a DELL? is that covered in the license agreement if i dont own a DELL? Anyone know anything about this?

Finally, does anyone know where I can buy the CHEAPEST version of win xp pro, that is going to be safe, with cd key and registrable code?

Thanks GUYS!!

Chaz D.

The cheapest operating systems are the free ones :)

The cheapest places selling you Windows are usually either scams or illegal, so watch out.
There is no real difference between OEM versions of XP and retail versions. They have diferent product keys of course. Also, there are no differences between various OEM versions of XP besides possible branding tidbits (wallpaper etc). You can easily install a Dell OEM XP using an IBM OEM XP key onto a HP PC (that is not legal of course :) ).

I wouldnt bother with XP64 not unlessyour running loads of 64 bit apps....stick a copy of win2000 on sevice pack it up to 6 and wait for Vista(longhorn) which was designed from the start to run on 64 processors

I'd say get the 64 bit xp, nearly every day there are more drivers released for hardware than the day before. Soon that argument of having no drivers for your hardware won't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back