Question about removing backround

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_head

Hey guys, i have no idea where to post this. sorry if its wrong forum. anywayz, for a forum i go too, i've been trying to remove the backround for my avatar (the white box) so only the actual pic remains. people are telling me to remove the background and make it transparent which i did. but when i upload the pic, the backround is still there. i then uploaded the pic to imageready and it gave me this: http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/135/lilimhelpbl0.png

it seems the picture changes as the upload speed does. is there a way to prevent this?

i'm using photoshop btw. and thanks in advance.

(the checkerboard indicates no backround)

Only PNG and GIF support transparency. If you save/upload the picture in any other format like JPG, the transparency is lost.

Nodsu said:
Only PNG and GIF support transparency. If you save/upload the picture in any other format like JPG, the transparency is lost.
i saved it under both png and gif, and still get the same result.

howard_hopkinso said:
I have altered your avatar so that the background image is the same colour as our forums. Does that help any?

Regards Howard :)
thank you but the thing is, i wanna know how to do it properly myself.

thank you but the thing is, i wanna know how to do it properly myself.

I understand that and I`m not sure I know how to do what you want. All I did was save your image and bucket fill the background with the same colour as our forums.

howard_hopkinso said:
I understand that and I`m not sure I know how to do what you want. All I did was save your image and bucket fill the background with the same colour as our forums.

o haha ic. well thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back