Question about sata 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchVile

i got a hitachi 7k80 hard drive, its serial ata 2, i know this for sure. i went onto dfi street because it wasnt recognizing it as sata 2, so they saisd to download the hitachi feature tool and enable it in there. i did that but when its at the screen where it shows your devices, after the point where you can enter the bios, its saying that my hard drive is 133.is there some program that can check if i am running this hard drive in serial ata 2 mode, or 3.0 gb/s?

im using the dfi lanparty ut sli-dr. the hard drive is plugged into port number 1, which is controlled by the chipset, i think.

Sata2

Well ArchVile, I've contacted DFI's tech support line and they said your mainboard natively supports SATA2. At first I was questioning whether or not it even supported SATA2. The support rep I spoke w/ told me that the SATA headers 1-4 all support SATA2, while 5-8 only support SATA1 speeds. Double check that you have your SATA cable connected to the #1 SATA header. Barring some BIOS config (I'm not really familiar with DFI's BIOS) that needs to be enabled or something this should fix your issue. The information below was pulled directly from the DFI website.

Source: http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3872&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US

LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
Serial ATA with RAID
- Four Serial ATA ports supported by the nForce4 SLI chip - SATA speed up to 3Gb/s - RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1 and JBOD - NVIDIA RAID allows RAID arrays spanning across Serial ATA and Parallel ATA
- Four Serial ATA ports supported by the Silicon Image Sil 3114 chip - SATA speed up to 1.5Gb/s - RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1 and RAID 5

C0d3Warr10r

EDIT: Mistyped DFI as MSI - Corrected

Corrections

I've corrected my previous post. I had MSI on the brain when writing about DFI. ***SIGH*** we've all had :bounce:crackhead:bounce: moments I'm sure. Luckily the typo police caught it before the typo secret service knocked my door down and confiscated my computer :haha:

C0d3Warr10r

haha thats okay, mix ups happen. ne way yea it is connected in port 1. is there a program that can check the data transfer speed?

Go see Sandra

Sandra 2005 Lite should be able to give you all the information about your system. Its available for download here.

C0d3Warr10r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back