Question about SPEEDFAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there , i was using YOUGAMERS benchmark a few minutes ago to see if i could run a particular game... well after my pc FROZE , it rebooted itself because the cpu was "overheating"... So i'm using speedfan to check what went wrong...

Here are my temps right now
CPU : 48 (OK) , Ambient: 48 (OK) , Remote:84 (HOT!) , Hdd0 :52 (HOT!) , Hdd1: 52 (HOT!)...

the only one thats particulary HOT! , is the REMOTE TEMP and i have no idea what that is (could it be my video card? , i have no way of checking my temp since it doesn't support ATI OVERDRIVE and i also believe it doesn't have a temperature sensor)

These temps are not all that hot... Speedfan depends on the motherboards capabilities (sensors). Most motherboard only allow Speedfan to report just a few temps. Not all readings are accurate.
What are your system specs? Video card, processor, operating system, memory?

Thks for replying... My RIG is Pentium D 2.8GHZ , 1GB RAM DDR2, 2 HDD (160 & 60) , Jetway X1950Pro , Windows XP SP2... My country is also fairly hot (around 30 degrees the entire year).. Do you know what REMOTE temperature is?...
When i booted my pc it said something like this "System had to reboot itself due to CPU overheating"

Side note : My videocard doesn't have temperature diodes (or they are locked away , i don't know , i have no way to access the temp...)

You might want to add another case fan to circulate inside air a little better. We are getting into winter here. Our first measurable snowfall should happen tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back