Question about what happen when a laptop gets mess up need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
before i get one i want to know if gets mess up like if is going slow because theres viruses or something can i use the cd thta came with it and reboot the whole computer and after that will it be like new again??????????

the restore CD for a laptop will revert the hard disk to it's factory shipped settings. You will lose all personal data, and the original software and settings that were on the laptop will be loaded, to include all bloatware.

ok say if i get a laptop i should create a system restore checkpoint on the day i get it then if it does go slow because of viruses or whatever then i just do system restore and then when the system restore finished i should still have all my original software and setting the same way i got it right ?????? since i made a system restore checkpoint on the day that i got it??? i will still have original software and setting?

many viri are not disabled by system restore.
What you need to do, is CLONE your hard disk to an external drive that you can swap out in the event of a real disaster or use a program like GOBACK, which really restores your system to a previous state (better than XP restore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back