Question regarding cash registers and changing taxes on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

New to the community and in need of desperate help. As any other Canadian members may know, the GST tax will be going down to 6% from 7% by July 1st. I work in a Chinese restuarant, and am trying to help my bosses who speak very little English make this change on the cash register.

However, my 'helping' didn't turn out to be very helpful at all. Somehow, I've managed to not change the GST, but eliminate both GST and PST completely from being added on to the total price. And since the 'always available' tech guys turns out to be not available at all, I need to learn how to do this and learn quick.

Any help anyone could give me on this issue would be much appreciated. The cash register is a Casio TK-1200, passed down from the former owner of the restaurant to my bosses.

A fast reply would be appreciated because there is no grace period given to get the tax change done, and I've heard rumours of major fines for places who do not have the tax properly changed by July 1st.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

this is a german cash registar, and unfortunately I cannot read german too good. Google it and go into some of the German sites. Also I recomend moving this thread to one of the technical sections rather than the meeting spot.

Good luck,

Regards,

Korrupt

Unfortunately, I cannot read German at all. I've been Googling for about an hour now, it's actually how I stumbled pon this board!

But I appear to have made a mistake in where I posted this thread. Am I able to move it myself or do I need a moderator to move it for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back