Questions about ATi Hypermemory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanbag

Okay, so a year and a half ago I got this Acer Aspire 5670 laptop thinking that its video card (Mobility Radeon X1400 512mb Hypermemory) would be great because of its memory.

Well recently I found out that it uses the system's RAM...which is 1gb. But, how much of it does it use? Does it use as much RAM as possible? Will buying another stick of 1gb RAM for my laptop increase the performance of the video card because it will use more RAM?

If so I will likely get another stick of RAM..since there is no way to upgrade a laptop video card and I need more graphical power to run all the lastest games..

These are my specs
1.66GHz Centrino Duo Core <-- i know this bad but i dont think theres any way to upgrade it

1gb DDR2 RAM

ATi Mobility Radeon X1400 512mb Hypermemory

Well I think that's it, if you have any questions about my specs please ask and thanks very much for viewing this thread.

as u know that video is terrable but can not be upgraded more mem. would help the laptop's performance as much as anything that can be done. as far as helping the video there is nothing that can be done. that laptop was not designed for games, and very few are.

good luck

Yeah, that video card is terrible. Want to play the newest games? get a new laptop or desktop. And videocard memory is not indicative of performance - their coming out with a 1GB 8600GTS. This card will still preform like a 512mb 8600GTS and be blown away by a 256mb or 512mb 8800GT. I guess this is why their making one.

Well at the time I purchased it I could run pretty much every game at that time fairly well...but ever since the release of all these awesome new games (like Crysis!) I guess I'm really going to have to get a desktop if I want to enjoy them or just get another stick of RAM.

But, what kind/brand of RAM is the fastest? I'll likely be getting a 1gb stick, but there are so many different kinds and I have no idea what should be the fastest performing one...even though I think Corsair would be my choice since I've heard of it, alot. If you have any idea I would greatly appreciate you sharing it with me.

Thanks for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back