Questions about IP Address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neowing

Hello ? Everyone.
I have a small question about IP Address.

My question is simple:

Everyone have their internet IP Address but I am not sure that...
"Which software or hardware decide IP Address ?"

I am not sure this is right place for thread, if not I am sorry.
or If this tread against rules, let me know: I will not ask this kind of thread again in the future.

from
neowing.

Your internet IP address is assigned to you by your internet connection provider. You either enter the IP address into the device that faces the internet or it is assigned to you automatically.

For a home user who is a client to a big ISP the assignment of IP address is not really "decided" by anything - you just get the next one available from a pool of addresses belonging to the ISP.

Go to Start -> Run, then type "cmd" (no quotes). When the command prompt opens, type in (no quotes) "ipconfig /all" which starts the IP Configuration program. This will give you a list of information about your Internet connection, which should contain your IP address.

Last question.

How can I change my IP Address ?

If this question is against something, please answer "No more word"
I will not going to ask more of this questions.

You get it given to you by your ISP as Nodsu stated. Quite likely it will be different each time you log on.

This depends on the kind of internet connection you have. Most likely your IP will be different after you disconnect (turn off the modem thing). This is not certain though. Your ISP may assign you the same IP address automatically and you could also have a service where you have a fixed IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back